Lawyers of our Corporate Practice provide legal support in the following areas:
- incorporation of companies and holding companies in Russia and other countries;
- restructuring of companies and holding companies with the aim of increasing their manageability and transparency for investors and of optimising the tax burden;
- legal support for corporate actions (share buy-out, placement of additional shares, information disclosure in accordance with the current legislation);
- drafting of corporate documents (Articles of Association, regulations, agreements with company management bodies);
- representation of shareholders (participants) and companies in corporate disputes;
- legal support for privatization.
The projects undertaken by our Corporate Practice lawyers include the following:
- reorganisation of the shareholder structure of a major Russian engineering holding company in the oil and gas industry, including absorption of owner companies and share buy-out;
- establishment of a Russian holding company for one of the first low-cost air carriers;
- asset restructuring for a major cement holding company in several Russian regions, including legal support for an additional share issue, clearance of corporate actions with the antitrust authority, support for registration of real estate title and exclusive rights to intellectual property;
- drafting of a joint venture project for development of a mineral deposit by two Russian natural resources user companies subject to the specifics of the Russian subsoil legislation;
- investor assets consolidation for establishing a big retail centre in the North-West Federal Area of the Russian Federation and legal regulation of co-investors’ relations in management of the joint business;
- drafting of a Russian Government Resolution on aspects of privatisation in the Russian coal industry at the request of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD).
The lawyers of our Corporate Practice have acted for clients in corporate disputes regarding additional share issues, resolutions of general shareholders’/participants’ meetings, ”information” disputes (disputes on provision of information), as well as appeal against the orders of the Federal Service for the Financial Markets and resolutions on imposition of fines.