Mergers & Acquisitions
Legal support in corporate sales and acquisitions generally consists of several major stages:
- deal scheduling, detailed description of the target asset, settlement procedure (e.g., using an escrow account), title transfer, payment for the acquired asset, and management control over the acquired asset;
- legal due diligence of the acquired asset;
- drafting of sale and purchase agreements, warranties and liabilities of parties, deal closing schedule;
- completion (closing) of a transaction, including transfer of title to assets and payment settlements;
- taking over the acquired asset.
Legal assistance for mergers & acquisitions requires a profound knowledge of corporate, antitrust, taxation, environmental and labour law, as well as the securities and company legislation, etc.
The volume of the transactions supported by the Corporate team now exceeds us$ 10 bn, including the following:
- a major merger in the coal industry, determination and legal settlement of the conditions for running the joint business;
- acquisition of a major construction materials producer in several Russian regions;
- management buy-out of shares of a big Moscow region printing works;
- sale of a retail food network in Moscow;
- merger in the pharmaceutical industry in several Russian regions;
- acquisition of a regional group of gas-distribution companies;
- sale of a metal-working factory in the South Federal Area of the Russian Federation;
- acquisition of a considerable stock of shares in a leading Russian bank on the Russian stock market; arrangement of transaction financing.