The practice of Antitrust regulation exists in Bureau from 2005, when this area of state regulation began to develop actively in Russia. Since 2006, we have been participating in the activities of the leading expert platform in this field – the Association of Antimonopoly Experts, the head of Bureau’s practice, Igor Akimov, has been repeatedly thanked by the FAS of Russia for his contribution to the development of antimonopoly legislation. The lawyers of Bureau are members of the industry expert councils under the FAS of Russia.
Representation of clients’ interests in antimonopoly authorities and courts
Protection against unreasonable claims of antimonopoly authorities, disputes with counterparties and competitors, protection against unfair competition.
- participation (representation of principals) in the consideration of cases by the commissions of the Federal Antimonopoly Service;
- representation of the interests of the principals in court disputes when appealing decisions, orders, warnings of the Federal Antimonopoly Service;representation of interests in administrative proceedings;
- assistance in conducting inspections of their activities by antimonopoly authorities;
- conducting court cases on private claims related to violation of antimonopoly legislation.
- successful protection of the interests of the seaport operator in the commission of the FAS of Russia and in the further judicial challenge by the applicant of its decision;
- successful protection of the interests of the largest Russian coal company in a dispute with the FAS of Russia in the case of abuse of a dominant position in the market;
- successful protection of the interests of the supplier of hydraulic and compressor equipment from unfair competition, in the antimonopoly authorities and with further judicial appeal;
- successful representation of the interests of the Russian association of equipment suppliers in the FAS of Russia in the case against the largest German and Japanese automakers;
- representing the interests of the Russian division of one of the largest international development companies in connection with its bringing to administrative responsibility for violation of antimonopoly legislation
Filing procedures, interaction with antimonopoly authorities, consulting
Coordination of transactions with the Federal Antimonopoly Service, antimonopoly compliance, coordination of foreign investments in strategic sectors of the economy
- preparation of petitions, coordination of transactions within the framework of state control over economic concentration;
- coordination of transactions representing foreign investments in strategic industries;
- verification by antimonopoly authorities of draft agreements between economic entities- market participants;
- preparation of information (responses to requests) antimonopoly authorities;
- receiving answers on the application of antimonopoly legislation and legislation on strategic investments.
- among our cases – coordination with antimonopoly authorities;
- deals to create the largest Russian player in the ferroalloy market;
- deals to create the largest Russian player in the market of coal of sintering grades;
- transactions for the acquisition of a large Russian meat processing enterprise;
- transactions within the framework of the restructuring of the Russian business of one of the largest international development companies;
- support of a Russian company in obtaining the consent of the antimonopoly authorities of Ukraine for the acquisition of a large metallurgical plant.